What should I do if I think my child has Special Educational Needs?

Speak to your child's class teacher

During this meeting you will review progress over a period of time and look at latest assessment results. If the class teacher feels it is necessary, they will pass information on to the SENCO and a plan of action will be decided.

What will the SENCO do?

The SENCO may arrange to meet with you to discuss your concerns and a plan of action. Your child may be placed on the Special Needs Register and/or receive some intervention work.


Return to SEN and Disabilities