This year we are investing in professional development through a partnership with Primary Sports who also work with other schools within Acorn MAT. They are supporting us to develop and deliver an exciting rolling programme of sports throughout the year including taking part in a whole range of sports fixtures with other schools.
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. This year Loders will receive £16,000, plus an additional £10 per pupil.
At Loders we value highly the importance of Physical Education for all our pupils and already provide a curriculum enhanced by a range of extra-curricular activities.
Our aims in this area include:
- Developing fine and gross motor skills/spatial awareness and sports specific skills
- Developing personal and social skills, such as resilience, teamwork, sportsmanship
- Developing an awareness of how to keep healthy and stay safe
- Developing greater levels of fitness and stamina
- Developing leadership skills
- Developing tactical awareness
- Facilitating greater participation in sport in and outside of school
Our spending is based on the following aims:
- Ensure the children have ongoing access to high quality resources and equipment
- Continued professional development for staff
- Extend our swimming curriculum
- Provide more alternative sports across the whole school
- Ensure that major sporting events are recognised and celebrated in the school
- Provide opportunities for all of our children to attend sporting festivals, tournaments and experiences beyond the classroom
- Subsidise transport to ensure children can continue to attend sporting events
- Provide opportunities for all our children to develop their physical skills and lead increasingly healthy, active lifestyles
- Actively participate within existing local sports networks
Downloads & Useful Links